How To Search Alumni On LinkedIn?
Published on May 5th, 2023
Are you struggling to find qualified employees and candidates for your organization? Did you know that searching alumni on LinkedIn is a great way to uncover potential new hires with experience, relevant education, and valuable connections? With an ever-growing base of over 900 million users, Linkedin has become one of the most effective recruitment tools available.
So if you're looking for ways to identify alumni in order to benefit your company's network - then this article is just the place for you! Here we will be exploring exactly how recruiters can use LinkedIn Alumni Search feature with ease and efficiency.
From creating powerful personalized searches through precise filtering techniques – all the details are included so that by the end of it all you'll know precisely what needs (and doesn't) need to be done in order maximize your Alumni Search efforts. Let's get started!
- Start by visiting the LinkedIn website and logging in to your account. Once you have logged in, click on the "My Network" tab in the top navigation menu.
- In the drop-down menu, select "Find Alumni". This will take you to a page where you can search for alumni based on various criteria.
- In the search bar at the top of the page, you can enter keywords related to your educational institution such as the name of your school or university, the location, or the graduation year.
- You can further refine your search by selecting various filters such as the degree level, industry, and function.
- Once you have entered your search criteria, click on the "Search" button to view the search results.
- LinkedIn will display a list of alumni who match your search criteria, along with their profile information such as their current job title, location, and education details.
- You can click on any of the alumni profiles to view more information about them and see if they are a good fit for your networking or job search goals.
- Another way to connect with alumni on LinkedIn is by joining alumni groups related to your educational institution. You can search for these groups by entering your school or university name in the search bar and selecting the "Groups" filter.
- Once you have joined an alumni group, you can connect with other members, participate in discussions, and get involved in networking opportunities.
- Another easy option to connect with top talent is to use EasySource - world’s first fully automated talent sourcing platform with embedded ChatGPT.
As we can see, there are a few simple steps to successfully search for alumni on LinkedIn. It may take some exploring and experimenting with different keywords, but it is well worth the effort. With the right approach, you can quickly and easily connect with the right people. You never know: You could even land your dream candidate from an unexpected connection you make through LinkedIn! If you have never used the LinkedIn Alumni Search before, give it a try and explore the possibilities this powerful tool offers. The world of networking awaits – start exploring today!
Radhika Sarraf is a content specialist and a woman of many passions who currently works at HireQuotient, a leading recruitment SaaS company. She is a versatile writer with experience in creating compelling articles, blogs, social media posts, and marketing collaterals.
Never Miss The Updates
We cover all recruitment, talent analytics, L&D, DEI, pre-employment, candidate screening, and hiring tools. Join our force & subscribe now!
Stay On Top Of Everything In HR