The Best HR Podcasts: Listen, Learn, and Lead
Published on June 4th, 2023
In the dynamic world of human resources (HR), staying informed and continuously expanding your knowledge is key to success. One of the most convenient and engaging ways to access valuable insights, trends, and expert advice is through HR podcasts.
These audio shows cover a wide range of HR topics, providing a wealth of information that can elevate your skills and empower you to lead with confidence. In this blog post, we have curated a list of the best HR podcasts that deserve a spot on your playlist. Get ready to listen, learn, and lead your way to HR excellence!
The latest and best HR Podcasts we recommend:
1. HR Works Podcast 243
Where are managers making the greatest impact to an organization, and how can HR leaders provide the support and training to successfully navigate the demands of their roles in 2023 and beyond?
In this latest episode of the HR Works Podcast, Will Clive (Chief People Officer at Pluralsight) helps us take a closer look at the value and impact that a team of effective managers can have on a workforce and an organization’s overall performance. Learn the skills and training that organizations and their HR teams should prioritize, helping to set their managers up for success and effectively lead in this digital economy.
More HR podcast:
- HR Works Presents Pages of HR: Mentally at Work (Part I)
- HR Works Podcast: Embracing the New AI - Achievement Intelligence
- HR Works Presents HR Work Break: LGBTQ Identity in the Workplace
- HR Works Podcast 242: Moving Your DEI Culture from Awareness to Strategy
- HR Works Presents A Seat at the Table: Implementing a Preferred Name at Work
- HR Works Presents HR Work Break: LGBTQ+ at Work, a History
This HR podcast discussion highlights the steps of being a Human Resource Management HRM Professional and practicing in the workplace of the organization. Current and Emerging Issues in the Knowledge, Research, and Practice of Human Resource Management (HRM)
More HR podcast:
- What is the Remuneration of Employees?
- WELCOMING THE NEW EMPLOYEE - INDUCTION, ORIENTATION, AND ONBOARDING
- Employee Recruitment Methods]
- Recruitment versus Selection of New Staff in the Workplace
- What are the Job Interview Methods?
3. Honest HR
Previously brought to the spotlight by the pandemic, organizations’ prioritizing employee mental health and wellness reflects its ongoing importance to employers and employees alike.
But what does the work of creating workplace cultures of mental health and wellness actually entail?
In this HR podcast episode, host Amber Clayton speaks with Rich Safeer, M.D., Chief Medical Director of Employee Health and Wellbeing for Johns Hopkins Medicine and author of A Cure for the Common Company: A Wellbeing Prescription for a Happier, Healthier, and More Resilient Organization about:
- Why the workplace is the perfect venue for achieving real improvements in people’s health
- How mental health and wellness is a team sport
- Steps to begin transforming your organization
More HR podcast from Honest HR
- A Candid Glimpse Into HR Mentorship
- Jim Link on Achieving Pay Equity at Your Organization
- Managing Time & Attendance: Calling Out Employees Who Call Out
4. What The HR
What the HR! is hosted by Mike Thul & Jessie Novey. The HR podcast provides insights, strategies, and anecdotes that explore how to build better businesses through modern people practices and approaches. Topics covered include Organizational Development, Employee Engagement, Listening Strategies, Succession Planning, Performance Management, Company Culture, Transformation, Talent and Leadership.
More HR podcast from What The HR
- Next Great Step: Career Coaching For College Students
- HR and Marketing Should Join Hands
- How to Crush the Candidate Experience
- How to Make Compliance A Little Less Boring
- The Radical Art of Prioritizing
At Work in America, the longest running and top downloaded HR podcast, focuses on human resources, management, leadership, and workforce technology. The show is hosted by Steve Boese, the Co-Chair of the HR Technology Conference and Trish McFarlane, CEO of H3 HR Advisors.
More HR podcast from HR Happy Hour Network
- Taking the Pulse of HR with Paychex
- Building Bridges: Fostering LGBTQIA+ Inclusion in Workplace Culture & Community
- The Future of Work: How AI is Changing Skills, Jobs and Careers
- Living Culture: Unveiling the Power of Daily Interactions
- The Play by Play - Welcome to Summer!
WorkTrends is a podcast and Twitter chat hosted by Meghan M. Biro. She shares the latest industry news and interviews leading experts, HR tech vendors, and HR practitioners about what inspires them.
More episodes from Worktrends
- Empowering People with Skills Development
- Using Empathetic Leadership to Thrive in the New Era of the Employee
- Why Your Engagement and Performance Programs Are Probably Broken and How Coaching and People Science Can Fix Them
DriveThruHR is a captivating, easy-to-digest, and occasionally irreverent discourse that covers topics relevant to HR professionals. Their 30 minute shows include our guest and host(s) discussing a variety of topics including HR Technology, Recruiting, Talent Management, Leadership, Organizational Culture and Strategic HR. Hosted by @MikeVanDervort, @RobinSchooling, @TheOneCrystal and @DwaneLay. Running continuously since February 1, 2010. #DTHR
More episodes from DriveThruHR
- Strategies for Successful Implementation | Episode 3 - "Intro to HR Tech"
- Labor Relatedly #12 - Amazon, Abruzzo, and Alito w/ Michael and Phil Wilson
- Labor Relatedly #11 - Amazon, Starbucks and Uber with Michael and Jon #DTHR
- Designing and Developing Technology Solutions | Episode 2 - "Intro to HR Tech"
- The Foundations of an HR Tech Stack | Episode 1 - "Intro to HR Tech"
Josh Bersin, a highly esteemed authority in the HR industry, presents an essential resource for staying ahead of the curve in progressive HR. With his insightful podcast, he distills the latest HR updates into concise 15-minute episodes, ensuring you have all the crucial information you need to stay up-to-date in the field.
More episodes from Josh Bersin podcast:
- Organizational Ingenuity: The Secret To Success In The World Of AI
- The Changing Role Of Data And People Analytics In HR
- Remote Work Debates, 2nd Gen AI, Talent Scarcity, Long Times To Hire
- The Rise Of The Copilots: Inside Microsoft Announcements To Bring AI To Daily Life
The Transform Your Workplace Podcast covers everything you need to build a great workplace. Industry experts, thought-leaders, HR experts and entrepreneurs join us to discuss big ideas that can transform your organization. Each week we cover a new topic, ranging from HR, communication and culture to business growth, leadership and workplace trends. Access more episodes, subscribe, and learn.
More HR podcasts from transform Your Workplace
- 9 Forces that Will Reshape the Workplace with Phil Simon
- The Power of Serving with Eli Blackman
- BONUS EPISODE Lacey & Michelle on Career-Pathing
10. HR Break Room
The HR Break Room podcast by Paycom has over 100 podcasts hosted by a variety of experts and industry leaders. Topics covered include the new age of work, elevating employee experience, HR tech, wealth creation, and the future of remote work solutions.
More episodes from HR Break Room
- Robin Roberts on the Significance of Authenticity for Employee Engagement
- AI and the Evolution of Work and Leadership With Futurist Mike Walsh
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Inspiring, Empowering and Investing in Your Employees
Pankaj Deshmukh is a digital marketing professional working with HireQuotient. He strongly believes in the never-ending process of learning and stays updated with the latest trends in order to produce valuable content.
Stay On Top Of Everything In HR