The Ultimate List of Web Scraping Tools for Recruiters
Published on January 7th, 2023
I know how top-notch recruiters and other HR leadership personalities go on raving about candidate sourcing and how it can make recruitment easy.
But it is not as easy as it sounds. There’s a difference between giving a sermon and having to actually do it.
While candidate sourcing sounds all glittery from far away, it actually takes a lot of effort and parsing through a ton of data to maintain a candidate pipeline.
This brings us to DATA.
HRs and recruiters have to keep up with plenty of data from different sources in their everyday job and retrieve information from the never-ending platforms every time a job opening comes up.
What if I tell you that you could make a list of all the candidates from different platforms in one single database in an excel sheet or CSV format?
Now that you are intrigued and looking forward to learning more about web scraping tools, we have gathered the what, why and hows of web scraping tools that you can use in your hiring process.
But first of all..
What are Web Scraping Tools?
Web scraping tools, also known as web crawlers or web data extractors, are software programs or scripts that automatically collect and process information from websites. These tools are used to extract structured data from unstructured web pages, such as text, images, and links.
Use Cases of Web Scraping for Recruiters
1. Candidate Sourcing
- Creating a Talent Pool: A talent pool is a list of applicants who may be suitable for current or upcoming job openings within the organization. Web scraping bots can be used by recruiters to collect candidate lists from job boards, update talent databases for the organization, and build relationships with candidates before they apply.
- Checking Candidate Qualifications: Web scrapers could gather information about applicants from a variety of targeted channels, such as job boards, their profiles, or social networking pages. Web scrapers may also be built to collect information specific to qualifications, such as the candidate's profile's skill or education fields. The collected data could be used by various recruiters to research individuals' qualifications and determine whether they are a good fit for particular roles.
- Collect Candidate Info: Web scrapers can collect applicant contact information from employment websites, such as phone numbers and email addresses, to help recruiters find and get in touch with qualified prospects for their open positions.
2. Job Market Analysis
- Recognize Job Requirements: By observing what the rivals are looking for in a candidate, recruiters can identify the education and skill requirements for specific occupations. Web scrapers for recruitment can collect data from job postings and job lists of any business rival to help recruiters create better job descriptions.
- Understand the Salary Range: Most job-hunting websites, such Income.com and Glassdoor, provide information on various salary ranges for various roles, levels of experience, and geographic locations. Web scrapers could be used to gather salary ranges for available positions at a business, helping recruiters better understand candidates' expectations and adjust salaries accordingly.
The Best Web Scraping Tools Out There
G2 Rating: 4.4 stars
Founding Year: 2015
Hunter is a platform that lets you find professional email addresses in seconds and also lets you connect with them. You can apply a domain search to find out a list of people with their email addresses working in a particular company.
It has become a powerful email-finding tool with more than 100 million email indexing effective search filters and deliverability checks.
Price Range: 34$ - 279$ per month on a yearly basis
G2 Rating: 4.3 stars
Founding Year: 2014
The ideal choice will be Dux-Soup if you want to concentrate your scraping efforts solely on LinkedIn. For good reasons, it is the most popular tool for social networking platforms.
You can browse or visit profiles using Dux-Soup to expand your network and generate leads. While scanning is quicker, it only provides the most basic data; visiting profiles will provide you with more information, such as degrees and complete job history.
Price Range: 11.25$ - 41.25$ per month on a yearly basis
G2 Rating: 4.5 stars
Founding Year: 2015
Recruitee is an automated hiring software that has also extended its hands into the web scraping sector. With Recruitee’s web scraping tool, recruiters can scrape resumes and candidate data from job boards and other sources.
Price Range: Starting from 224$ per month on a yearly basis
G2 Rating: 3.9 stars
Founding Year: 2016
Skrapp.io is a professional email finder tool that lets you collect essential business data and connect with people that matter. It comes in the form of a chrome extension that is easy to install and even easier to use. It is a great tool to supercharge your pipeline with quality candidates.
Price Range: 36$ - 245$ per month on a monthly basis
G2 Rating: 4.1 stars
Founding Year: 2010
Zyte is the world’s leading web scraping tool that delivers product data, price intelligence data, market analysis data, and much more using the highest legal compliance standards.
It lets you find, extract, clean, and format some of the largest datasets so you don't have to. If standard datasets don't cut it, Zyte will extend and customize existing datasets or collect unique data specifically for you.
Price Range: Starting from 450$
G2 Rating: 4.3
Founding Year: 2013
Parsehub is a powerful web scraping software that can automatically extract millions of data points from any website. It is a data mining tool that can convert your database into the format of your liking such as API, Tableau, Google Sheets, or Excel.
Price Range: Starting from 155$ per month on a quarterly basis
G2 Rating: 4.2 stars
Founding Year: 2015
This extension tool allows you to scrape on any website or social site for user data. It provides a list of people it has found and it helps find additional information like contact information and other personal data.
Once you have all the information you want to extract, you can export it directly into your ATS or CRM. This tool is an all-in-one type of tool that integrates everything from scraping, to finding contact information, to exporting that data into an ATS/CRM/CSV file.
Price Range: Starting from 40$ a month
G2 Rating: 4.8 stars
Founding Year: 2015
With Apify, you can start extracting unlimited amounts of structured data right away with their ready-to-use scraping tools or reach out to them to solve your unique use case. They give fast, accurate results you can rely on.
Price Range: 39$ - 399$ per month on a yearly basis
G2 Rating: 4.6 stars
Founding Year: 2016
Octoparse is a quick web scraping tool that lets you scrape data in three easy steps - point, click and extract. It is an easy-to-use tool that also provides custom-based solutions based on your needs.
Price Range: 75$ to 209$ per month on a yearly basis
10. Instant Data Scraper
Instant data scraper is an independent Chrome extension that is easy and free to use. It is the best tool for beginners to begin scraping at a small level and then move onto complex web scraping websites.
For the recruitment and HR sector, job data extraction offers countless potential. Your time is valuable as an HR professional, and you want to create a process that is effective and efficient. When aiming to excel in any HR position, big data analysis is essential. Despite the fact that it could seem like a difficult undertaking, using a web scraping service to gather vast amounts of data is far more practical.
If you work as a recruiter, you must act quickly to adopt cutting-edge solutions like web scraping services that enable you to complete the difficult work with the least amount of time and effort.
Radhika Sarraf is a content specialist and a woman of many passions who currently works at HireQuotient, a leading recruitment SaaS company. She is a versatile writer with experience in creating compelling articles, blogs, social media posts, and marketing collaterals.
Never Miss The Updates
We cover all recruitment, talent analytics, L&D, DEI, pre-employment, candidate screening, and hiring tools. Join our force & subscribe now!
Stay On Top Of Everything In HR