EasySource vs Traditional Hiring Methods
Published on May 2nd, 2023
It is no news that traditional hiring methods have become a thing of the past and digital hiring has become the new normal. While traditional hiring practices have delivered in the past and helped organizations in sourcing top-notch candidates, today it is falling short to do so.
One of the primary reasons for this could be the majority of passive candidates in the job realm. To confirm that, LinkedIn reports that the global workforce is made up of 70% passive candidates who are not even actively looking for jobs. Now, can you imagine finding those passive candidates for your organization via traditional hiring methods, viz., newspapers, job fairs or local employment office postings?
So how can you attract those passive candidates (along with active candidates) and build a robust candidate pipeline for your organization?
Well, we have just the right tool for you…. EasySource.
In this blog post, we are going to compare traditional hiring methods with our magical talent sourcing tool EasySource and give you a clear picture of what is what and how choosing EasySource could be a win-win for you. Let’s begin!
A Glance into the Traditional Hiring Methods
Traditional hiring methods are the tried-and-tested methods that have been used for many years to recruit and select candidates for job positions. These methods have been used by organizations of all shapes and sizes, from small startups to massive corporations. They may not be the most exciting methods, but they get the job done.
Some of the most common traditional hiring methods include:
- Newspaper Advertisements: This classic method involves companies posting their job vacancies in the career section of newspapers to attract potential candidates.
- Candidate Referrals: In this method, current employees tap into their networks and refer their friends, family members, or acquaintances for job openings in their organization.
- Recruitment Agencies: Another method is to partner with recruitment agencies who can help find and shortlist potential candidates for the job.
- Job Bulletins: This method involves posting job openings on public bulletin boards such as those found in schools, colleges, and universities.
- Job Fairs: Job fairs are organized by companies to meet potential candidates face to face and showcase their job openings. It's like a networking event for job seekers and employers.
Why are Traditional Hiring Methods Failing?
It's a bit of an overstatement to say that traditional hiring methods are completely failing, but it's true that they do have their limitations in today's rapidly changing job market. Sourcing candidates is not easy and “getting the job done” is just not enough.
Traditional hiring practices disappoint in several ways, some of which include:
- Limited Reach: Traditional hiring methods like newspaper ads, job fairs, and job bulletin boards have limited reach, meaning they may not attract a diverse pool of candidates. This is especially true for candidates who may not have access to these traditional methods or may not be actively searching for job openings.
- Lack of Efficiency: Traditional hiring methods like resume screening and in-person interviews can be time-consuming and costly. With so many applicants for each job opening, it can be difficult for hiring managers to efficiently and effectively evaluate each candidate.
- Bias and Discrimination: Traditional hiring methods can be susceptible to unconscious bias and discrimination, whether intentional or not. For example, relying on employee referrals can lead to a lack of diversity in the candidate pool, while in-person interviews may lead to biased evaluations based on factors like appearance or demeanor.
- Skills Gap: With the pace of technological advancement, there is a growing skills gap between what employers need and what job seekers offer. Traditional hiring methods may not be effective in identifying candidates with the latest skills and knowledge needed for the job.
- Competition for Talent: In today's job market, candidates have more options and can be more selective about the companies they work for. Traditional hiring methods may not be enough to attract and retain top talent, especially if competitors are utilizing more innovative and effective hiring methods.
What is EasySource?
EasySource is an outbound recruitment tool that makes candidate sourcing a piece of cake. With its AI-based filters, candidate outreach automation, personalized workflows and easy to use interface, it can become your go-to tool for sourcing candidates.
Not only that, it is an easily downloadable chrome extension that fetches only relevant candidate experiences (ignoring other fluffs such as internships and trainings) and gives candidates based on skills, education, US work authorization and geography.
With EasySource at hand, talent sourcing becomes more efficient and effective, allowing recruiters and hiring managers to focus on more strategic aspects of the hiring process. The tool's advanced filtering capabilities and automation features enable recruiters to quickly identify the most qualified candidates for a particular role and engage with them in a timely and personalized manner.
By streamlining the candidate sourcing process and providing a user-friendly interface, EasySource helps to reduce the time and resources required to find top talent. With its AI-based technology and data-driven approach, EasySource can deliver high-quality candidates that are a perfect match for your organization's hiring needs.
How will EasySource toss the Traditional Hiring Methods?
EasySource is all set to disrupt the traditional hiring norms with it’s advanced technology and AI-backed design. The following features and abilities of EasySource are all set to toss the traditional hiring methods.
1. The AI-based Filters
The EasySource talent sourcing tool is designed with thoughtful AI-based filters that give an edge to the entire candidate sourcing process. Our filters include:
- Geography: You can search for a candidate based on geography and as a plus the AI also recommends nearby places from where you can source candidates.
- Experience: This is one of the best filters where you can find candidates based on their relevant experience, meaning our AI is designed to count only experience that is applicable for the job role and ignores all the other fluffs such as internships or training.
- Skills: Now you can source candidates based on their skills which our AI will recommend on the basis of your job role. Additionally, you can also add other skills you are looking for manually.
- Education: With this filter you can parse candidates based on specific educational qualifications and save a ton of your time.
- Industry: This filter is useful if you’re looking for individuals in specific industrial sectors. For example, if you are looking for marketing professionals in healthcare, this filter can come in handy for you.
- US Work Authorization: This is a unique filter that tells you whether the candidates you are looking for have a clearance to work in the states or not.
Compared with traditional hiring methods, you do not get such vast filters and options to source candidates and you are limited to certain geography, skills, and experiences.
2. Intelligent Talent Pipeline
With the above-mentioned filters, you get a pool of candidates that are suited to your requirements and relevant to your job role. With our tool, you can select the number of candidates you are looking for, in multiples of 10 and get a list of applicants in just a few seconds.
Can you imagine finding such a list of candidates with traditional hiring methods? I am sure, you are nodding your head in a sideways direction.
3. Candidate Outreach Automation
Now that you have a list of candidates, it can be another hassle to reach out to these candidates via traditional hiring methods.
With EasySource, you can say goodbye to checking upon candidates every now and then, because our tool tracks the responses of the candidates and gives you a template or customization option to reply to the same candidates.
4. Workflow Personalization
You have found the candidates, but how do you engage with them? Well, EasySource offers three workflows - recruiter-suggested workflow, default workflow, or personalized workflow.
You can choose either of the workflows or create your own workflow to create a timely engagement plan with the candidates. For example, you can decide when to send an email to the candidate, when to send a LinkedIn InMail to the candidate, or when to send a connection request to the candidate with our time delay feature.
5. Candidate Dashboard
There is often a worry amongst the recruiters that they do not have a unified dashboard to keep a check on the pool of sourced candidates. At EasySource, we address that problem by giving you a candidate dashboard where you can track every candidate and keep them in your pipeline for immediate or future hires.
We have discussed in length how traditional hiring methods are lacking in front of our new-fangled talent sourcing tool. It is now in your hands whether you want to make mediocre hires with traditional hiring practices or take your sourcing game to the next level with our technologically advanced EasySource tool.
Book a demo with us today to know more about EasySource.
Radhika Sarraf is a content specialist and a woman of many passions who currently works at HireQuotient, a leading recruitment SaaS company. She is a versatile writer with experience in creating compelling articles, blogs, social media posts, and marketing collaterals.
Never Miss The Updates
We cover all recruitment, talent analytics, L&D, DEI, pre-employment, candidate screening, and hiring tools. Join our force & subscribe now!
Stay On Top Of Everything In HR