General Job Description
This position will be responsible for the maintenance and repair on all types of commercial trucks and equipment while working out of the fully equipped mobile service truck.
- Maintenance and repair of various commercial trucks and equipment from a fully equipped mobile service truck.
- Diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment serviced by the Company’s facilities with the highest level of professional competence, emphasizing quality of work, product knowledge, and customer service.
- Complete repairs in estimated time following industry standards.
- Perform DOT inspections, troubleshooting, and repair on vehicle components including electrical, charging systems, starting systems, engine, HVAC, powertrain, and chassis parts.
- Utilize diagnostic equipment, software, and technical resources to determine root causes and provide effective repair solutions.
- Maintain service truck, tooling, and parts inventory to meet the Company’s expectations.
- Provide thorough documentation supporting complaints, causes, and corrections.
- Perform preventative maintenance as requested.
- Respond promptly to customer requests, fostering strong customer relationships.
- Report deferred repairs to customers and service administration.
- Flexibility to be available after hours and alternate days.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 18 years of age.
- 4 years of dealer experience as a Diesel/Service Technician.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License and a qualified MVR abstract.
Desired Job Qualifications
- High school graduate or GED with 5 years of experience in a truck dealership or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Great customer service skills.