Job Description: Senior HR Business Partner
Location: Jackson, TN
As a Senior HR Business Partner for a rapidly expanding business in Jackson, TN, your role will be to provide strategic support and leadership to drive HR objectives, ensuring a seamless and consistent employee experience across various people processes to foster positive cultural change. You will be responsible for a wide range of HR functions, supporting the entire employment lifecycle, and playing a critical role in ensuring operational excellence from an HR perspective while supporting the organization's growth. In this position, you will coach and partner with employees and managers, ensuring an exceptional employee experience throughout their tenure with the company.
1. Build and maintain strong relationships with front-line managers and supervisors, serving as the primary point of contact for HR-related matters.
2. Provide HR guidance and interpretation of company policies to managers, supervisors, and employees.
3. Manage employee relations issues, diagnose root causes, and identify appropriate actions and interventions.
4. Collaborate with the plant administrator to facilitate employee and company on-site events.
5. Develop and nurture relationships with the local community to create talent acquisition avenues.
6. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations into HR-related matters.
7. Provide day-to-day performance guidance to line managers and supervisors, including coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions.
8. Stay updated on legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
9. Guide and oversee the annual Performance Management Process.
10. Collaborate with the HR leader and Legal team to respond to claims or internal investigations.
11. Complete required local, state, and federal reporting related to HR matters.
12. Work with Talent Acquisition Partners on internal applications for open positions.
13. Conduct exit interviews, summarizing and providing recommendations for potential areas of improvement.
14. Offer support to HR team members regarding employment law.
15. Undertake other duties, tasks, and project work as required by the business.
1. 10+ years of experience in a professional-level Human Resources role.
2. 8+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner within a manufacturing brand and/or engineering organization.
3. Demonstrated experience in resolving complex employee relations issues (minimum of 6+ years).
4. Prior experience in supporting the creation of a new manufacturing facility is highly desirable.
5. Proficient in using HRIS systems and MS Office.
6. HR-related certification from SHRM or HRCI is preferred.
7. Working knowledge of factory and labor laws would be an added advantage.
8. Post-Graduation in Human Resource Management from an accredited educational college or university.