Job Title: Project Engineer
Work Location: Baden or Geneva (Switzerland)
Job Type: Permanent Employment - 3 days / week office work
Language: Fluent English
We are seeking a professional electrical engineer with experience in power systems and rail substation design to join our team as a Project Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for various railway substation engineering projects within our Electrification – Distribution Solutions division. You will have the opportunity to work on international traction power projects while being based in Switzerland.
- Take ownership of substation electrical design for customer-facing projects.
- Manage the full project lifecycle (technical aspects) including local site/international testing and commissioning support or supervision.
- Instruct, supervise, and coordinate engineering activities with internal and external partners and sub-suppliers.
- Work closely with Project Management, Sales & Marketing teams.
- Collaborate with tendering to review and prepare technical offers.
- Prepare technical specifications and review supplier offers.
- Plan and prepare commissioning activities such as test plans, instructions, and method statements.
- Attend discussions with customers, handle site queries, and take necessary actions.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience in power systems and substation engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience in substation automation and communication (IEC 61850 and/or Modbus TCP/IP), control, and protection relays.
- Sound knowledge of engineering techniques, processes, and tools.
- Strong focus on safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- High level of self-motivation, curiosity, and desire to learn about new technologies.
- Knowledge or experience in software such as EPLAN, Solidwork, Neplan, ETAP, or other engineering tools is an asset.
- A team player with a collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar field.
- Fluency in English is mandatory, and proficiency in French, German, or other languages is an advantage.