Jon Title: Operations Manager
- The Operations Manager will hold overall responsibility for the production and maintenance, with four production lines, two primary families of products and a plant organization over ~230 employees.
- The right candidate will be an experienced people and manufacturing leader, and will operate as the second in charge for the site, and has the potential to grow into Operational Leadership roles.
- The candidate will direct the onsite Production and Maintenance teams in the preparation and implementation of focused operating and continuous improvement strategies to drive improvement in the manufacturing themes of Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity and Reliability
- The leader will guide the Operations Team in setting their annual budgets and personal goals, and coach the team on the attainment of annual plant goals
- The Operations Manager will be a key facility leader, and in collaboration with the plant leadership team will have a strong influence in creating a workplace culture where employees view as the employer of choice in the Tennessee employment market.
How you will make an impact:
- Takes overall accountability for the Production and Maintenance performance of the Plant.
- Coordinates and directs through a high performing Operations team the achievement of Safety, Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Continuous Improvement and Cost goals.
- Fosters an environment which promotes company goals, encourages continuous improvement via proven Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Plans the use of production assets, costs, capex, and personnel to meet current and future supply chain requirements.
- Supports the adherence to plant policies and procedures to ensure operations are consistent with the organization’s Mission and Values, and drives compliance to the ethics policy and holds others accountable for ethical conduct.
- Effectively and confidently communicates and coordinates project assignments with employees, and suppliers at all levels of their respective organizations.
- Develops a highly motivated workforce with a morale conducive to high levels of employee engagement.
- Directs and mentors the Operations Team in the performance of their respective roles and consistent with the company model, in a dynamic business environment.
- Attracts, selects, develops, trains, coaches, appraises, and motivates managers and other personnel for key staff positions at the facility.
- Assures timely and relevant communications across all levels. This includes communications between departments and work teams and also between the Plant and the Corporate group, via strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Technical discipline or equivalent, with Master’s preferred.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience with progressive levels of accountability and responsibility in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Engineering or Quality in a manufacturing environment
- Operations management experience, with two years’ managing a department of this scale desired.
- Prior experience constructing and commissioning a new facility is desired
- Prior experience with developing and scaling a new technology is preferred
- Experience in Customer facing programs and audits, with Auto Industry experience preferred
- Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environments including ISO & OSHA
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.