I. General Job Description
This position entails maintaining and repairing all types of commercial trucks and equipment from a fully equipped mobile service truck. The Diesel/Service Technician will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment serviced by the Company's facilities with the utmost professionalism, product knowledge, and customer service.
- Complete repairs within the estimated time following industry standards.
- Grow and maintain the customer base by providing excellent service.
- Perform DOT inspections, troubleshooting, and repairs on various vehicle systems, including electrical, charging systems, starting systems, engine, HVAC, powertrain, and chassis components.
- Conduct complex repairs, such as diagnosis, removal of injectors, cylinder heads, camshafts, main bearings, rod bearings, and transmission/clutch components.
- Utilize diagnostic equipment, software, and technical publications to identify the root cause of customer complaints and provide effective repair solutions.
- Ensure service truck, tooling, and parts inventory are well-maintained and meet Company expectations.
- Provide detailed documentation supporting complaints, causes, and corrections.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Respond promptly to customer requests and build strong customer relationships.
- Report any deferred repairs to customers and service administration.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a minimum of 4 years of experience as a Diesel/Service Technician in a dealership setting.
- Hold a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and have a qualified Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) abstract.
Desired Job Qualifications
- High school graduate or possess a GED with 5 years of experience in a truck dealership or equivalent setting.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Please note that this job description serves as an illustration of the duties and responsibilities associated with the position. Other related tasks may be assigned as needed.