Job Title: Linux and Network Administrator (Media and Marketing Sector)
Work Location: Berlin, Germany
Job Type: Permanent Employment - Full Time
Work Setup: Full-time in the office
Language: Fluent in German - English beneficial
Job Description: We are seeking a dedicated and skilled Linux and Network Administrator to join our dynamic team in Berlin, Germany. As a key member of our Media and Marketing company, you will be responsible for the administration of Linux servers and PostgreSQL databases, as well as handling various network-related tasks.
- Setup and administration of Linux servers, ensuring their optimal performance and stability.
- Utilize monitoring tools like Nagios and Zabbix to proactively identify and address any system issues promptly.
- Implement reliable backup solutions using Bacula to safeguard critical data.
- Install, configure, and maintain network components to ensure smooth communication and connectivity.
- Address technical aspects of security requirements and handle firewall administration.
- Conduct comprehensive error analysis and troubleshoot IT operations, including third-party applications, while also contributing to infrastructure improvements.
- Oversee PostgreSQL database setup, ensuring efficient performance and data integrity.
- Monitor and manage database backups and standby databases for data redundancy and disaster recovery.
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the overall database infrastructure.
Your Profile: As the ideal candidate, you are reliable, structured, and dedicated, with a strong ability to work collaboratively within a team. In addition, you possess the following professional skills:
- Successfully completed training as an IT specialist or equivalent.
- Proven experience in Linux and network administration, showcasing your technical proficiency.
- Familiarity with deployment using Ansible and Bash scripts, enabling efficient automation and management.
- Expertise in the administration of PostgreSQL databases, ensuring their proper functioning and maintenance.
- Knowledge of load balancing, clustering, reverse proxy, and virtualization is highly valued.
- Fluent in German (at least C1 level), allowing effective communication with team members and stakeholders.